The Chameleon shoe has all the features of the BigToes Traditional shoe, plus extra fun. When exposed to UV light, the soles change colour, sparking intrigue and curiosity. This is our own, patented design!
While podiatrists and health experts agree that barefoot is best when learning to walk, there will be times when your little one’s feet need protecting. Days at the park aren’t fun when there are sharp rocks or nasty ants to cause pain. Normal shoes can be heavy, bulky, and do more damage than good.
The BigToes shoe range has been scientifically designed to mimic barefoot walking as much as possible. It provides the right amount of support without taking away the ‘barefoot feeling’ required for growth and cognitive development. The Japanese patented design provides a range of important features such as:
- A ‘big toe box’ to allow toes to freely move around inside the shoe. This is necessary to gain balance and stability.
- A softness that sits BELOW the ankle, providing the right amount of support without over-stabilising. Too much rigidity around the ankle leads to weakness and a foot that relies solely on a shoe for stability. This can affect the development of feet, ankles, knees and hips.
- A shoe that is glue free, breathable and totally non-toxic. This eliminates foot odour (kids feet get SWEATY!) and is suitable for sensitive skin.
- A non-slip out-sole. Learning to walk is hard enough without a slippery sole!
- Lightweight, and easy to slip on and off. Little ones don’t tend to keep their feet still for very long!
- Comes in a range of fun, colour-changing (the sole) designs.
BigToes Chameleon Dino is fast becoming a favourite design for parents and toddlers. With its cool coastal colour palette of blue, yellow and green, parents are loving the versatility to pair this shoe with any outfit, and toddlers are excited to put their shoes on each day so they can interact with the design and colour changing sole of white to yellow.
SIZE CHART & CARE
Measuring your baby’s feet for BigToes Shoes
The simplest way to measure your baby’s feet for BigToes is to place their foot on a blank piece of paper and draw a line at the top of their big toe and the end of their heel. You can also use a ruler or measuring tape to measure from big toe to heel. As babies have higher tops of their feet, it is important to ensure the shoe is bigger than their actual foot size. The tops of BigToes take the shape of socks so after measuring your baby’s feet you should select a size which is 3-5mm bigger than the measurement.
BigToes shoes are fully machine washable to 30°C. When washing, please place shoes in a delicates bag prior to commencing the wash cycle. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach. Do not use harsh biological chemicals.
Note: to maintain the quality of the fabric, hand washing is recommended.
Protecting the colour change feature in Chameleon BigToes
We recommend that when BigToes Chameleon shoes are not being worn, they are stored in an unlit environment or cupboard, away from prolonged, direct sunlight exposure.
- External Textile: Cotton, Spandex, Rubber Yarn, Polyurethane Yarn
- Outsole: TPE 100% (Tested non-toxic products)